Friday, November 09, 2007


Melting Into Lace ~ I just finished this one last night and I'm getting ready to put a clear gloss finish on it. This is acrylics and 8 x 10 inches on a stretched canvas. I hope everyone is having a great weekend and TGIF!!!


I got up my nerve to try listing some prints on e-bay but I've been holding on to most of my original paintings lately so I don't know how the prints will sell. I had one framed in the living room and switched it with the original and my husband couldn't tell the difference so I guess they are turning out OK. Keeping my fingers crossed because I've been reading lots of people saying that all the changes in e-bay is hurting their art business!

8 comments:

Janvangogh said...

It kind of looks like dandelion fluff! Very cool. Hope ebay works out.

Mother of Invention said...

Very pretty...one question as a non-artist..why did you not paint the top? Is that the melting idea?
To be honest...I'm kinda looking for the rest of it!

WILSONART said...

Hey Lynnie, really cool, the lacy, cotton-y look to this one. Our neighbors hate us in the spring when our Cottonwood does it's seeding thing. Looks like this! :-)

Lynette said...

Thanks Janet! I haven't tried ebay in a while and I'm not expecting much but thought I'd give it a try again.
Hey M.O.I. thanks so much and you know I just kind of put the tree in there and the top of it was cropped out. I don't know, I was having a hard time to think of a title for this one.
Thanks Babs! I bet your Cottonwood tree is so pretty and LOL about your neighbor! Now I have to google a cottonwood tree to see what they look like! :D

Jafabrit said...

good luck with ebay :)

I love your trees and this one included.

Cynthia said...

I love the magical quality to your landscapes and trees!

I'm sorry that I didn't hang on to my originals and sold some work on ebay for way to little money.

Angela said...

What a wonderful piece! Thank you for sharing it with us! *HUGS*

Lynette said...

Thanks for the nice words Corinne!
Cyn I know what you mean. When the original is gone it's kind of sad but it's a good feeling when someone wants it too. I sold an original tonight on ebay!
Aww thank you Angela!