Sunday, March 26, 2006


LIFE IS A ROLLER COASTER Being inspired to try something new that I've been seeing some of the other artists doing, I decided to try painting a triptych (3 paintings) in different vibrant colors. These little paintings just flew by and I had a blast doing them. They are each 6 1/2 x 10 inches and painted in acrylics on unstretched Friedrich canvas pad canvas. I even used some glaze medium to glue some diamond dust glitter over the moon. (actually sparkly white tiny pieces of plastic from the craft store). I have got to try another in this same style, love the colors and how they turned out! I also have posted a close-up of the sparkly moon.

4 comments:

jafabrit said...

I really like these, especially the black web design. Adds an element that makes it interesting and a nice counterpoint to the beautiful colours.

Lynette said...

Wow thank you Alfreda and Terri! I appreciate your comments and they made my day! :):):) I was happy with the way the colors turned out and I just got to try some more paintings like these now. Thanks ladies!

Unknown said...

Oooh, Lynette!

I LOVE these. Night scenes are my faves (I'm somewhat of a lunar freak!) and seeing a roller coaster under a starry and moonlit sky is always romantic and magical.

The three different colors of the panels are the perfect touch here, and I'll bet the "glitter" effect is marvelous, up close and personal.

These are really whimsical and mind-catching, and have stepped right up as my favorites of all your work that I've seen.

Just fantastic!

Lynette said...

Hi W.J. wow thanks so much!! I'm a lunar freak too LOL! That's why I love painting them and moon watching. I love the live moon phase feed in your blog! Oh man, I discovered tonight that my monitor settings were way off. I calibrated my monitor and black in the things I've been posting was a dingy gray so I'm going to have to redo most of my postings of my paintings ugh! Thanks W.J. and wow congrats on the sales of your fantastic works through your blog, WTG! Woohoo!