Monday, December 07, 2009

Small Abstract in Green, Orange, and Gold and a Strange Looking WIP ~ Not much going on lately...feeling uninspired to do anything creative, I'm starting to think I have the holiday blahs. Ha, then I have to remind myself that we're barely into December and it's time to shake off those blahs and paint something! The other night I grabbed my medium charcoal pencil and started to doodle on an aceo size piece of watercolor paper. After adding some of the acrylics in green, orange, red and metallic gold and silver and a sprinkle of crystal glitter, I was sort of pleased with the way it finally turned out!


I don't have a clue what this one is about (photo above - 8 x 10 inches, acrylics on a stretched canvas) and it's been sitting in my painting room for months and months. I just add a little to it here and there and today I was thinking that it was starting to remind me of a large bug or some sort of sea creature! I guess I'll finish it one of these days!

10 comments:

Katiejane said...

I really like that finished one! The colors are pleasing to me and I like the little doodles.
The WIP does remind me of something from the deep blue sea. Maybe another aquatic painting is trying to reveal itself. Perhaps manta rays?

Gina said...

Your top work is so alive and full of color, the detail is interesting. Your unfinished, looks like a bird flying in front of a light image of a dinosaur who is walking behind some trees (left) - I love it, it is very impressionistic.

~Babs said...

I wonder why I never think to use charcoal? I love that mix.
I sure do like the colors you've used in this,,the jeweled look,and crazy as it sounds, it says to me: "Sisters At Tea".

The WIP is a complete mystery,,but I like that about it, and I think it's beautiful!
Has a sea/crustacean feel, kind of.It looks finished to me, or could be.
I see you got your tree up, maybe that will help with the blahs.

Lynette said...

Hi Katie, thanks so much! I think you're right, the 2nd one is going to be some kind of underwater weird scene.
Hi Gina, wow thank you for the really nice comment, hehe, I love your imagination and description of the 2nd one!
Babsers!! I love 'Sisters at Tea'!! I couldn't think of what in the world to call that one, it really was a doodle because I was stuck and didn't know what to do next, so I just grabbed the pencil. I really enjoyed using the charcoal pencil! Yep, we did get the tree up last night, I'm trying to shake off the blahs, and hoping that will help!

Florence said...

Cool stuff Lynnie, I like them both!

Lynette said...

Hii Flo, how are you doing, I hope you are doing well! I love your works in your new website, they are so special and beautiful with rhythym, motion and the colors you use! I wanted to leave a comment on your site, but I wasn't sure how to do it.

Janets Planet said...

I opened up your blog and the first thing I said was OOOOOOOH! Nice. I could see this one done much larger.

San said...

Lynnie, when I first saw that abstract, I felt like joy itself was springing up at me from a jack-in-the-box. I would never have taken the maker of that to have a case of the blahs.

And the "unfinished" one has a delicate questioning thing happening. Are you sure it isn't finished?

Lynette said...

Hi Janet, thanks so much!
San, thank you too, whew I am so behind on blog visiting and haven't done much painting either lately. Rushing to get ready for Christmas and I've baked so many cookies, they're coming out of my ears lol! San, I'm thinking you are right, maybe that one is done after all.

cynthia said...

Fantastic - Merry Christmas!