Thursday, February 07, 2008


Red Wave Blue Bubbles and a Blue Vintage Mustang ~ I painted another larger one and it's acrylics on 11 x 14 x 1 1/2 inches deep stretched canvas. I see kind of a glare on this so I'm going to try taking it outside to get a better picture tomorrow. Today, me and my camera were 'employed' by my husband to get lots of pictures of his 'baby'. He is really into the classic cars, especially ones with 'hemis' or 'mopars' and I still don't know what that means LOL except they are loud, fast, and look neat!! He restored this Mustang and we took it up the road to the lake today so I could get some photos of it. He is into fast cars and I'm into art so that's a great combination! :) I liked the way the colors in my painting and his car looked together!

10 comments:

Andrea and Kim said...

Hi Lynnette!

They do look very good together! I really like the painting. The colors are really great and the composition is quite good. The bubbles add so much fun, too.

Some people are just car people! It sounds as though your husband and you are the "opposites attract" kind of couple. That is the way it is at my house, too. :)

~Babs said...

LOVE the depth in those bubbles, Lynnie,,,I'm catchin the wave!
Awesome car,,,,I know he's proud!

Lynette said...

Hehe Kim you are right, we are opposites in lots of things. Thanks so much, I was wondering later if that blue in the car is what made me start that one in the blue color.
Thanks Babs LOL sometimes I think he lives and dreams cars, he really is a car 'nut'! He's getting ready to sell this one.

Janets Planet said...

Yes, they look good together. We used to have a 68 Mustang way back. My husband was always out working on it.

Anonymous said...

They look wonderful together! Your painting is outstanding!!! I love the bubbles and the wave!!! They look GREAT! Thanks for sharing them with us!
*HUGS*

Lynette said...

Janet, thank you and I bet your '68 Mustang was a cool looking ride. I know what you mean about the husbands and tinkering with the cars. Sheesh! :D Men! :)
helloo Angela, thanks so much!

Janets Planet said...

It was a dark blue. A drunk driver hit us from behind coming out from a tunnel in Alameda, CA, and totalled it. He was racing with his buddy.

Lynette said...

OMG Janet I hope you and your husband weren't hurt! There are way too many idiots behind the wheel endangering the rest of us!

Mother of Invention said...

Me too but I gotta say, I like your painting way better!

Lynette said...

Aww thank you MOI and I really don't know the first thing about cars except I want one that's not ugly and doesn't break down hehe. I don't even like to drive anymore because my eyes are getting so bad.