Monday, June 22, 2009


Little Red Kitten and Big Blue Swimming Pool ~ This mischievous little red kitten is an ACEO done in acrylics and black ink. He's my entry for the June NFAC (nibblefest art contest) in ebay here: Little Red Kitten

We're having a pool party at the house and this is what has been occupying my time for the last few days. This big blue bubble holds 5,250 gallons of water (yes, that makes me a little nervous) and it took lots and lots of hours for this thing to fill up. This is actually the 2nd quickset pool we have had and the first one lasted 5 years. Ahhhh, water here I come. The floating duck, which I nicknamed 'Disco Duck' is actually the chlorine tablet holder. Ya'll come on over for a swim!

4 comments:

Katiejane said...

Wow, this looks DELICIOUS!!! The pool, I mean. Man, dat's a lotta watta! How I would love to jump in even if I can't swim, I can stand.
Little Kitty is cute.

Lynette said...

Thanks Katie, but it looks like this whole darn pool has to go back to the store! It is almost a foot shorter than than the size we paid for and we are wondering how the wrong size pool got in the box! I didn't notice it but my husband noticed it right away. :( I going to hate to see our water bill this month! Thanks for the nice words on the kitty.

Cathie said...

Sweet little kitty. And the pool - looks good enough to jump in. Katie Jane - you can't swim??? lol I must teach you. You don't know what you're missing.
Beautiful art Lynette. Love the red "cool" kat!

Lynette said...

Hi Cathie, thanks so much! Ha, we did get another pool up but it's been soo cool here for this time of year, we've hardly been able to swim in it. I got the 3 pages done that you mailed me and they're going in the mail to Karen tomorrow!