Saturday, June 03, 2006




LADDER TO THE MOON ~ I'm in a 'digi mood' tonight. This is a digital painting I had done earlier and just finished it up tonight. I love looking at the http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html Astronomy Picture of the Day and I'm inspired by my friends in the Quickie Digi Abstract thread in ab/con forum of http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350081 wetcanvas.com. I usually get in a lunar moon when there's a full moon glowing up in the sky but tonight is overcast and cloudy so I just used my imagination for this one.

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

I like this one a lot. It's very surreal. I had no idea that WC has a digi forum!

It's also nice to see your paintings along side your digi ones!

jafabrit said...

I agree, very surreal. I also happen to love browns and so I really like the colours.

Lynette said...

Hi Cynthia and Alfreda thanks so much! Cynthia that's a thread in the ab/con forum and people post all kinds mostly digital works. I use photo manips too. We have a lot of fun in there.
Alfreda I love brown too there's something so warm about it and I can see all colors in it. It's my fave color for some weird reason.

Unknown said...

Lynette! You're appealling to my Inner Lunar Freak, again!

I LOVE this! It's fantastic!

Another for the BIG PRINT file!

Lynette said...

Thanks W.J. Hey it takes one lunar freak to know another LOL! I love it when there's a full moon out it makes me want to howl! :) :) I would love to have some prints made of this one and I just manipped it again and maybe I could print these out as a diptych. Thanks W.J.!

jafabrit said...

I knew it, women that howl at the moon. YES!!!!!!!! No wonder me likes ya :)

Lynette said...

aaiiiioooooo! LOL Alfreda :)The most magical moon sight I ever saw was a moonbow. I went out on the back deck one night (I think it was fall) and there was this HUGE but thin circle around the moon. I didn't know what it was at the time but oh it looked awesome. I found out later the bows are caused by ice crystals up there. Cool stuff! Me likes you too!