Saturday, March 15, 2008







Remember the Wind ~ I'm really happy with the way this one finally turned out. I had been working on it on and off the last week or so and sometimes I take a while to nitpick on one I'm painting. This is acrylics on a 9 x 12 inch piece of 140 lb. watercolor paper. I used the pearl iridescent paint on the swirls in the sky, blossoms and where the highlights in the grass is. I took two pictures of it with the light hitting it differently to show how the iridescent paint looks.


Blue Reflections ~ I just edited my post to add this one too. This one started as a big mess but it looks lots better (I hope) after I worked on it some more. This is 8 x 11 inches, acrylics on watercolor paper. It's going to rain all night here but at least the winds are not too bad, thank goodness!

10 comments:

~Babs said...

That is amazing,,,,it looks like 2 different paintings!
Each beautiful in it's own unique way. I may have to get some of those irredescents.
Really interesting, Lynnie!

Lynette said...

Thanks Babs!! I bet you would enjoy trying them! They are all reflective like the signs you see on the highway that reflect from your headlights. I read on the tube that they make it from ground mica! I don't think it cost much more than the regular paints either.

Andrea and Kim said...

These do look like two different paintings! I really like them. I also like the one you edited in...very playful.

You know, I love the wind....see, I said wind, not tornados! :)

Thanks, Lynette!

Janets Planet said...

The top one looks like it felt today. Spring like, yet with a brisk cold wind.

Anonymous said...

Great works! I love the last one the most. The color in it just strikes me. It's just wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us!

~Babs said...

I almost scrolled right over the last one!
Another excellent piece,,,,the landscape makes me think of a rainbow!

Lynette said...

Thanks so much Kim, yep wind is OK, but we sure don't want any tornadoes!
Thank you Janet, I had fun doing that one and it's saying "hurry up spring"!
Thanks for the nice words Angela, very appreciated!
Aww thank you Babs, hehe I snuck that last one in, rather than starting a new post.

Shayla said...

I'm really glad you added "Blue Reflections." It's my favorite. I'd love to see a child's book illustrated with your paintings. They have such a 'fairytale' feel to them.

Lynette said...

Thank you Shayla and I would love to illustrate a children's book!

Mother of Invention said...

Looks like a pansy tree!
I love Cities of Destruction too! Such a different and intricate piece than your usual style. I love the fire burning in the middle.

Hope you had a Happy Easter!