Spirit Woods ~ This is acrylics on a 6 x 6 inch stretched canvas.
Rob (dh) and I had a real scare very early Wednesday morning! Around 5 a.m., we were both awakened from deep sleep by a steady high pitched beeping. We were groggy and confused and we had no idea what the irritating sound was until we both stumbled, half asleep into the hallway. After I realized it was the smoke detecter going off, I thought it was malfunctioning and felt like throwing the thing out the window till we both started smelling acrid smoke or something burning! Rob realized that it was coming through the heating vents and I was panicking and getting ready to call the fire department. It seems our old central air/electric heat unit had overheated and almost caught on fire and it probably would have if the smoke detector hadn't woke us up! I shudder to think what would have happened if that smoke detector wasn't recently installed on the ceiling in the hallway and I'm ashamed to say that I let the battery go dead for over a year before fixing the thing recently. I know that I'll test that battery weekly from now on, it may have saved our lives!!