Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sky Colors ~ The painting above is an ACEO size 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches, done in acrylics on watercolor paper. I think I'll call this one finished although the one below, 8 x 10 inches acrylics on stretched canvas, is still a wip. It seems lately that my muse has been missing in action. I can start a painting but have trouble finishing them! I was thinking I would try painting a tree or two in the one below and see where it goes, hopefully somewhere good.
I hope ya'll have a wonderful Memorial Day! I'm remembering my dear Dad who passed away in September '99. He served in the U. S Army during WWII, under General McArthur, and was stationed in the Philippines all those many years ago.

7 comments:

~Babs said...

So beautiful Lynnie,,,soft and serene. These colors are so you,,and look great,,,super gradations.
The wip looks like it could be almost finished to me,,,but then your trees are always an excellent addition!
Lookin good, Lynn!

Jeannette StG said...

This is great! I don't want to confuse you, or think for you, but you're the one who knows when it's finished! There are several things you could (but don't have to!) add, tree, flying birds, an itty bitty village at the bottom, or one house/barn, etc., etc.

Janets Planet said...

Actually they are quite lovely and can stand alone.

cynthia said...

These are gorgeous just the way they are - I agree very serene!

Katiejane said...

Lynnie, these are both lovely. I will be interested to see where you go with the bottom one.
I salute your Dad, may he rest in peace.

Lynette said...

Babs, thanks so very much, I had to work fast while the paint was wet to get the gradations,practically fingerpainting lol!
Hey Jeannette, thanks so much, I think I'm going to paint a tree in that 2nd one.
Thanks for the nice words Janet and Cynthia!
Katie, thanks so much! I sure miss my Dad and Mom, they are both resting in peace now.

San said...

Lynette, you do such nice things with atmosphere. I would love to see a BIG sky painting from you.