Wednesday, September 06, 2006




Where the Road Ends ~ WIP (an update) - I'm still working on this painting and I hope it's almost finished now. I think I'm going to try and put more contrast in the sky and get rid of some of the white dots in the water spout/tree weird thing. I'm still not sure what that thing is. I just started painting this purely from my imagination with no kind of reference and sometimes I find I am surprised at what comes out.
This has been a sad and tough week. First the death of Steve Irwin (OMG so sad! we loved that guy!) and then I found out my Mom is in the early stages of Alzheimer's Disease. She is getting ready to turn 80 years old in a couple of weeks and she has had a good life with loving family. She is having confusion about dates and remembering things right now.

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

First off, I'm so sad to hear about your mother! I just found out a family friend has the beginning stages of alzheimers and is very depressed. It's hard for everyone....

Secondly, what a weird accident that claimed Steve Irwins life! I've watched his show a few times and was always entertained. I feel badly for his young family.

Thirdly, I love what's happening in your painting! It feels very other worldly and mysterious. I will be looking forward to the updates!

tlwest said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. My step mom died of early onset. Be sure she does and takes what ever she can to stave off the disease and make sure she is active and stimulated during the day. I am 46 and I cant remember dates and get confused LOL! My excuse? I remember what I want to remember... and its not dates ;) God Bless. Your painting is quite cool!

Janets Planet said...

Hope they are able to keep her stage from progressing. There are so many new things out there not available before.

Interesting painting. I keep on looking at it trying to decide what is going on --- sneaky way to get people to come back and look! :-) Now for an equally intriguing title.

Lynette said...

Thanks so much Cyn, Terri, and Jan. I appreciate your words more than I can say. My sister called this evening and now they've put my Mom in the hospital out there. She said to wait and see what the docs say. I'm really upset/worried that they won't let her go back to her house and my sister and I have to figure out what to do now. I may have to fly out there, I'm hoping and praying that the meds they gave her will help her improve enough to go back home where she has a lady come by every day to help her. The painting is still progressing but I didn't feel like working on it today, thanks!

Unknown said...

Lynette,

I LOVE this piece and realy like the dots (which look like tiny lights).

I'll talk to you, soon, about the rest.

Lynette said...

Thank you W.J. for the E-mail. I appreciate from my heart the kind and thoughtful words! Many hugs to you! I sent you an E-mail. She's still in the hospital today and I'm getting ready to call my sister. I worked some more on my painting last night and it's slowly progressing.